Thursday, October 22, 2020

COVID is a blessing in disguise for me

Foreword: COVID is a serious disease, and I do not mean to downplay here. My wife has lost 3 family members to it already, and I know many of you have, as well. This is based solely on my personal experience.

I am COVID-positive, and have had symptoms for about 8 days. Although mostly flu-like, among my symptoms, I have lost all sense of taste and smell. As a lover of food and the bountiful flavors and smells it can bring, this realization was initially catastrophic for me. However, I stepped on my scale this morning for the first time since onset of symptoms, and have lost 13 pounds! I had plateaued at 342 for about a week prior, but now I’m in the 320’s for the first time in over 20 years!

Not having the ability to taste or smell has completely killed any cravings I would normally have, and my diet of water, coffee, hot tea, and vegetable soup has left me satiated. No longer am I enslaved to “just a taste” of my cravings du jour (more like de l’heure!) that seem to constantly trip me up. I certainly want to regain my senses in full, but if this persists a few more weeks, I’m going to lean into it.

TL,DR: COVID knocked out my senses of taste and smell, killing my cravings, and resulting in significant weight loss.

submitted by /u/Puddlingon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kn5KSz

No comments:

Post a Comment