Thursday, October 8, 2020

[Century Club] October 8, 2020 - Have you lost or need to lose 100 lbs or more? Here’s a thread just for you!

I have often welcomed those who have lost 100+ lbs (~ 50 kg , ~7 stone) to “the club” and joked that club meetings were on Thursdays. I recently suggested that we try out having a regular weekly thread to talk about issues that are particular to those who have lost 100+ lbs, those who are well on their way and those who are just at the beginning of a journey this big.

Welcome back to the Century Club! Each week I will provide a topic of the day that has been on my mind or inspired by previous posts. However you are free to talk about any topics you think might be relevant to current and prospective club members.

Previous topics: What did you miss? - seasons - Funny Stories - Schedules - Fun - Health - Exercise - Denial - Headwinds - Streaks - Other People - Toolkit - Breaks - Support - Clothing - The Unexpected - Self-image - How do you end your journey? - What made it click? - Loose Skin


Today's Topic: Weakness

We've previously talked about the headwinds, situations and people around you that can make long weight loss journeys difficult. This one is more about our own choices, things we nominally can control.

Over the past couple of weeks I've noticed myself slipping ever so slightly. I've been going a little bit over my sedentary TDEE + activity bonus reported by FitBit to MFP. Not a lot, but maybe 100 kcal over several days a week. I chalk it up to the change in weather. The colder weather makes me want to eat a bit more. It also doesn't help that I'm effectively cooking for 1.5 people since my son is working at a pizza place and gets dinner there 2-3 nights a week.

I've also been deliberately eating a bit more bread and I think that may also be having some impact. Some days I'll have some bread with my eggs in the morning to soak up the yolky goodness and also have a sandwich for lunch.

I'm finding it harder to not have an extra bit of chocolate or a cocktail after dinner. So I'm being a bit more vigilant and trying to go back to not eating back all of my exercise calories for a bit and having fruit for dessert instead of chocolate, ice cream or baked goods. Also going to take a bit of an alcohol break on weekdays for the next couple of weeks.

What's your weakness Centurion? How do you deal with it?

submitted by /u/SmilingJaguar
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3jVF1MN

No comments:

Post a Comment