Sunday, October 11, 2020

Dieting: in a 700 calorie theoretical deficit however weight trending up over 2 weeks

Hey Guys,

New poster but am looking for advice regarding my recent cut that I began two weeks back. In short I am a 5'10, 77kg (170lb) intermediate lifter (lifting for 2-3 years) and am somehow struggling to lose weight on 1900 calories and 200-300 calories of cardio 5x a week.

Granted I only began my cut 13 days ago at a bodyweight of 76kg but am puzzled as to how I have put on weight in this period. My tracking has been on point and I have started diets on a greater number of calories (2000-2100) in the past and generally experience the typical initial 1-2kg (2-4lbs) of rapid weight loss due to water weight, glycogen etc.

Some things that could contribute are that my lower body exercise volume increased signficantly at the start of this cut (as I admittedly stopped training legs with any real intensity for about 6 months or so due to COVID and general laziness) and my hydration has improved.

I feel like visibly I have lost some fat so could it really be possible that the weight gain is due to recomposition and I have put on some lower body mass while losing fat at the same time (even so 1kg seems a bit much)? Would it be recommended that I drop calories again if my weight remains stable for next 2 weeks or so? I have heard of very lean people experiencing weight stalls however never at the start of a diet.

Thanks for any advice!

submitted by /u/blackkmagicc93
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3jSJtvx

No comments:

Post a Comment