Friday, October 2, 2020

Goal themes for weight loss, suggestions?

I have a new partner who is overall way more healthy and fit than I am, and wonderfully supportive. I had a bad mental health day the other week just being very down on myself and my body and divulged to him. He told me about this idea of goal themes. Basically instead of setting really hard goals that as soon as you mess up on you feel as if you've failed them, you set an overall THEME for what you're trying to work towards. Then as you go through your days you keep your theme in mind when making decisions, and the overall goal for the theme is really just to push the trend line in the direction you want it to go.

I'm sure some of you already know what I'm talking about. There was a video he linked. It's a thing. Anyway the theme is usually one word (or a short phrase) that resonates with you, and is usually fairly broad and can be creatively applied to all kinds of situations.

I have been struggling to find the right theme that resonates with me and that I can remember longer than three days. Obviously my real goal is weight loss (and tangentially anything that supports that like fitness, healthy eating, etc etc). The only word I came up with is "Wellness" but despite its definition being literally the exact thing I'm going for, it's just NOT resonating with me.

So I'm looking for suggestions on a theme word (or phrase) that resonates better and isn't overly specific but also captures what I'm going for.

Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/faoltiama
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3joUgNZ

No comments:

Post a Comment