Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Has anyone else’s cholesterol gone UP after weight loss?

Hey guys! I hope you all are staying healthy and safe and having the best 2020 you can despite everything.

I started my weight loss journey in July 2018 at 230lbs (5’4’) and as of now I am 145. I’m still not at my goal weight but my weight loss has slowed a bit over the last year or so. I’ve lost about 20 in a year. But at first it was very rapid weight loss. What triggered me to get my ass in shape was my cholesterol levels. I was 22 years old at the time and my cholesterol levels weren’t the best. My HDL was 37, LDL was 143 and my total cholesterol was 208. So... it kicked my ass into gear and stopped eating fast food every day and got a gym membership and here I am 2 and a half years or so later and I’m 145. I got them checked again and to my surprise some of them went up. While my triglycerides dropped and my HDL cholesterol went up (yay).... my LDL went up to 164. My total cholesterol is now 228. That was a month ago and I started watching my fat and saturated fat intake (and actually lost 10lbs without even trying)

But my friend told me, who also has lost weight, that sometimes when people lose weight it can raise your LDL cholesterol temporarily... did this happen to anyone else?? I have severe health and death anxiety so I’ve just been kinda shitting my pants the last month lol. Sorry for the long post. I appreciate y’all.

submitted by /u/crimsonandhearts
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34TwrYr

No comments:

Post a Comment