Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Reward Ideas

Like many people I've struggled with my weight most of my life. I'm 27F, and about two weeks ago I started a new "program" for weight loss.

When I visited the doctor recently I was 240 lbs, and I've had slightly high blood pressure for about a year now. I've tried to lose weight so many times: extreme diets, counting calories, IF, etc., but I've never been able to make it stick.

Something my doctor said really stuck with me though. She told me that instead of trying to create a program that I have to stick with until I lose 110 lbs, I should just try to do things for a short amount of time. Like create meal/snack plans for a month and really stick to it.

I'm two weeks in, and honestly, it's the best I've ever done. I don't feel the need to cheat, because it's a very set amount of time, and I can make it through a month without fast food or pizza.

I've lost eight pounds in the last two weeks, and I feel better than I have in a long time. I've been taking 3-5 short walks a day, and doing some cardio every evening. I'm happier and I have more energy than I have had in a long time.

Obviously I will need to continue past a month, but once I get within a week I'll sit down and come up with a plan for next month.

Here's my question. I am generally very rewards motivated, but used to I motivate myself with food. For this first month I've decided that my reward for finishing will be a few sessions with a personal trainer so that I can get into the gym in a healthy way. Does anyone have any other "rewards" that they use to motivate themselves?

submitted by /u/gsutula
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34ZRM2C

No comments:

Post a Comment