Saturday, October 24, 2020

Hit my weight loss goal this morning - I've lost 62lbs since January! [200lbs > 138lbs]

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I (F, 5ft7) hit my weight loss goal this morning and I couldn't be happier! I did CICO through bereavement, grad school, and a global pandemic, so I'm celebrating today.

Some things that helped me:

  • I had some massive issues around hunger/food anxiety due to some stuff in my past. Working on this and getting CBT therapy really helped me to push through those feelings of seeing hunger as an emergency. I cannot stress this enough - if you're struggling with body image and food, and diets have previously failed, seek out therapy. I couldn't have done this without using those tools I learned in therapy to help me cope.

  • I hate calorie counting apps with a passion, so I followed CICO but rounded things up or down. For example, if an ice cream cone is 186cals, I round that up to 200, but if a plate of toast and eggs is 362cals, I'll round it down to 350. 'Ballparking' my calories took a lot of the stress out of counting.

  • I took breaks from CICO for at least one meal per week, but I occasionally took a whole week not to think about calories. I saw this as a learning opportunity to recognise my satiety and hunger cues for long term maintenance, and as the months went on I found I would maintain or even lose in these 'break' weeks.

  • I also tried to focus on getting out of the house once a day for a long walk. This was all the exercise I did, but it really helped to make me feel more motivated and energised.

Good luck to you all on this journey! If I can do it, anyone can. I believe in you!

submitted by /u/OnHolidayByMistake_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mgA55J

No comments:

Post a Comment