Wednesday, October 7, 2020

How alcohol affects you after significant weight loss?

Hello all! I've been on a weight loss journey since early February of this year. I'm 23F and my starting weight was 311 lbs. I've lost 60+ lbs and currently weigh 243 lbs.

I was just curious how alcohol has affected you all after significant weight loss. Before, when I was 300+, I had built a sort of a tolerance to alcohol, where I could have 2 to 3 drinks and only be tipsy as long as I had food on my stomach. I have plans to drink with my best friend in a little over a week because we haven't hung out in months because of the pandemic. Normally, when we drink together, it's normally kinda heavy drinking, but I've always known when to stop and not go overboard. And I do not know what to expect in how drinking like that will affect my body after significant weight loss. Additionally, I haven't really had any alcohol since starting weight loss (only an occasional drink to celebrate a milestone). So I'm not sure how that might affect my alcohol tolerance either.

Did you guys become more sensitive to alcohol? Any tips on how to approach drinking now since weight loss? We normally find a way to get food at some point in the night when we drink so I'll likely have food on my stomach before and while I'm drinking. I know alcohol dehydrates you, and I had planned on drinking water between drinks to help prevent a hangover. But any helpful tips or advice is much appreciated!

submitted by /u/daddethkenn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3nALIpN

No comments:

Post a Comment