Saturday, October 3, 2020

I know this is common sense, but I’m coming to terms that I have to do what works for ME for weight loss

I love exercise. I love fitness, I love learning about nutrition and macros and healthy alternatives. I love eating delicious homemade healthy food. And yet my weight has continued to climb slowly but steadily over the years. Technically it’s calorie intake problem. But my dad struggled with weight his whole life and all the doctors told him was “get used to feeling hungry if you want to lose weight.” He lost weight doing keto, but I don’t want to do keto. Nor does success for HIM mean it will work for me.

I’m 5’4 and 200lbs. I’m a powerlifter, but no amount of muscle makes 200lbs a healthy weight for me. I’ve had my blood checked several times by my dr. It always comes back normal. BP is fine, blood sugar is fine, RHR is fine, thyroid is fine.

So, despite my weight increasing, I am healthy. I cook MOST of my meals and lift a lot. I exercise 4-6 days a week. Sometimes 7 but that includes just low effort walks in nice weather.

Science “indicates” you do not NEED cardio for weight loss, and prioritizing a calorie deficit along with weightlifting is enough for the pounds to drop.

Science SAYS you need carbs, they are a primary source of energy and we should be eating Complex carbs.

Science says all these things. But I feel like I’m doing them and not seeing success. In fact it’s the opposite. Myfitness pal tells me 2300 calories is my maintenance when I click not very active (my daily life is fairly inactive, exercise is an addition).

When I check the box to lose 1lb per week it gives me 1800. I adjusted my activity to lightly active as I still reach enough steps per day to qualify.

I think I need cardio. And I think I need to reduce carbs. Soemthing just isn’t working and yeah I can kill it in the gym with the weights but the body fat is not coming off with it.

I’m at a loss. I’m just getting more and more discouraged.

How did you all find the right balance for YOU? And how long did it take to see initial weight loss.

submitted by /u/anonymous_anxiety
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36uksCV

No comments:

Post a Comment