Tuesday, October 6, 2020

I lost weight then gained it back now I’m too depressed to lose it

So I’ve been battling with depression my whole life. I’m 29. Around the age of 18 I lost 20 kilos because I was so depressed I stopped eating, stopped doing anything but like stare at a wall all day.

My mom had to put pills in my coffee to get me to talk again. I lost weight, the medicines made me more balanced and I found a job around at age 20. I joined a gym and maintained my weight, watched what I ate, etc.

Around 2016, I started to gain weight. Earlier if I even gained a kilo I’d be on red alert but in 2016 I stopped caring. I let go and fell back into depression. I overate, drank a lot of Pepsi and stuff and basically got a leg injury that prevented me from working out. I gained the 20 kilos back and got diabetes. I fell back into a depression spiral.

Now I am trying to get out of depression and lose weight. I have joined a weight loss program a while back. It basically is a place where you log food and water intake, have an exercise routine, get a diet and exercise coach and have weekly calls with them. I feel lucky to be able to afford it but I am like totally demotivated.

I don’t know how to motivate myself to lose weight? How do I overcome the depression? I go to a therapist and take daily medication that help stabilise moodswings. I can’t even get myself to care about my diabetes. What do I do?

submitted by /u/saintlyjuliet1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2GmKQ7p

No comments:

Post a Comment