Thursday, October 22, 2020

I reached my goal in 7 months. Lost 88 lbs (40kg), but it means nothing to me

SW: 264 lbs (120kg)
CW/GW: 176 lbs (80kg)

Let’s get right to the point since it’s a clickbaity title - it means nothing because it wasn’t the weight that was holding me back, it was my mind.

I was (kinda) here before, twice. This is my third time losing 66+ lbs (30+ kg). But this one is way different.

First time was when i got dumped because I gained a ton of weight. I “needed” to rebound fast and get back on the market. I was driven by pure anger, had no idea what I was doing, but it worked. Not only did I lose the weight I gained, but I went so far beyond and was ripped for the first time in my life.

A few years later I found the love of my life, got married and repeated my mistakes. Not only have I repeated them, but doubled them. I reached 291 lbs (132kg) shockingly fast.

Luckily, my wife tolerated my looks, but I developed heart problems at 25. Doctor said I needed to lose weight or face a lifetime of mandatory medication. So there was the second weight loss. I wasn’t scared for my own well-being, but the thought of my kid growing up without a father really pushed me to do something. I half-assed my weightloss, but I dropped to 220 lbs (100kg).

Went to the doctor and everything was fine once again. Blood pressure was normal, resting heart rate was normal, all other tests were fine, the air was clear. So I went back to my normal self. The problem was that my normal self liked food and the scale went back up to 264 lbs.

Before I continue, I just want you to notice something with the first two weightlosses. They were for other people. For other people to like my looks and for my son. Realizing this is what made me change things around. I needed to do this for myself and no one else.

I broke myself into little pieces. I was honest with myself for the first time in my life. Some hard truths had to be spoken out loud in the mirror. When I did that, I knew what had to be done.

There are hundreds of small things that had to change, but the biggest thing was my complete lack of discipline. I read and listened a lot about the topic and made a complete plan.

THE PLAN: I’m already eating unhealthy, so let’s think about that when the time is right. I’m going to eat whatever I want, but I am going to limit myself to 1200 calories a day. This way I won’t crave anything and won’t need a cheat day since every day is a cheat day. Did that.

I’m going to put “stressors” in my life. If I break discipline, let’s feel bad about that, but at least I won’t break my diet. Since I can’t work out at this weight, let’s think about that when the time is right. I’m going to walk a lot. I’m going to keep the apartment clean. I’m going to up my hygiene and I’m going to make my showers cold, just to make them hard. I’m going to journal every day and I’m going to be painfully honest. Did that.

I lost enough weight, it’s time to work out. Did that.

I’m in shape, work out more, up the calorie intake. Did that.

I’m more in shape, work out even more, up the calorie intake more. Did that.

I’m even more in shape, work out 6 days a week. Did that.

My body is spent, I should listen to it and know when to rest, even when I don’t want to. Since I’m listening to my body, start eating healtier. Did that.

I’m eating healtier, eat healthy. Did that.

Done. Normalize the calorie intake.

So why doesn’t the lost weight matter? Because I’m a better man than I was 7 months ago. Me being fit is just a byproduct of that. What started as a weightloss entered every pore of my life and made it better. I now like who I am even when I don’t have a mirror and while my weightloss is done, I feel like the real work is just starting and I can’t wait to find out where this takes me.

submitted by /u/Ludovan
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3meJomA

No comments:

Post a Comment