Friday, October 23, 2020

I reached my goal today! Down from 200lbs to 159lbs in two years.

F27, 5'7" CW: 159lbs, SW: 200lbs, Goal Weight: 155 - 160lbs

Today I (27F) weighed in at 159 lbs. This means that I'm finally at a healthy weight for my height.

I never thought I would make it, but I did it! In 2018 I weighed in at a little over 200lbs. When I saw that number two-ish years ago I was mortified. I knew I had gained weight, but I didn't expect a 50lb gain in just one year. I knew I needed to change.

In winter of 2018 / spring of 2019 I began Noom and started going on almost daily walks. However, I didn't see much of a change at all. I quickly became discouraged and went back to my old ways.

It wasn't until March 2020 that I started to take it seriously. I wasn't healthy and I wasn't happy. I downloaded My Fitness Pal and began logging my calories, sticking to around 1700 per day. I began taking my dog on daily walks, started light yoga, and eventually picked up hiking. I continue to hike nearly every weekend. My hikes are usually between 4 - 7 miles in length and take about 2-4 hours depending on the elevation gain and trail conditions.

However, I think the biggest change has been my eating habits. I focus on protein and veggies and have cut back my snacking and portion sizes considerably. I try to treat carbs as a side dish and if I do have pasta for dinner I try to mix things like spinach, arugula, or asparagus in with the noodles.

I no longer eat two huge bowls of ice cream every night. When I have a hankering for something sweet I'll have a pudding cup or a chocolate chip cookie or two. And I always track these calories to make sure I'm not eating more than a I realize.

Here are the things I've learned, and that I think everyone should remember through their weight loss journey: - You have to want to change. - Sometimes good things are outside of your comfort zone. - Setbacks are normal. - You can still enjoy food and be healthy.

submitted by /u/purekittyluv
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HsEL9F

No comments:

Post a Comment