Friday, October 23, 2020

I tried keto. Not sustainable. I thought I needed to go vegan or cook luxurious healthy meals but...

It all really is about CI/CO. However, I incorporate it with fasting which has done wonders for me. I just came off a 5-day fast in which I lost 9lbs and yes, all of it has stayed off minus a pound which I lost as of today.

I’m mostly doing fasting because it has aided in my binge eating problems. I’d say I owe a lot of my weight loss thanks to Fasting. I started in late august at 315lbs with my highest being 318. Safe to say I’m now 278.

Last year, I was 276 in August. In March of this year I was 299lbs July, I was 318. In August, I was 315. Now it’s nearing the end of October and I’m at 278lbs!

This is honestly so exciting.

I’ll admit I was scared to begin for fear of not being able to lose weight because I kept reading so many posts about women with pcos who struggle to lose weight and I figured it would be the same for me. So I tried to dive into keto, cook all these crazy meals and buy all these expensive products to aid in my keto weight loss journey. But after I got off my 5-day fasting session, I realized.... I don’t need keto. It’s not sustainable because it takes away my freedom of choice. My ability to choose whether I want to have a slice of pizza that day or bake some cookies.

Health over food, yes I agree. But yesterday was a tough day. Dad got diagnosed with pneumonia. Him and my mom are the only real family I have so I made a frozen pizza, I had a small candy bar and ... I overate a bit. But I drank lots of water. And I got on the scale today and was happy to see I went from 279 to 278. That’s when it dawned on me this is not going to be instant. This entire journey is about a whole life transition. I have to make good, healthy choices but it doesn’t mean I can’t splurge from time to time or make a healthier alternative.

I am keeping it low carb for the most part. I am also incorporating gluten free, too. I don’t drink any soda, coffee and I rarely drink tea nowadays. But I’m not going crazy about it by trying to force myself to be keto. Everyone’s body is different. My body stalls when I eat beans yet when I eat a pizza, the weight still manages to fall off. And uhh... I guess goes to show nutrition is a personal thing. It’s an experiment of sorts.

I’m glad to be 22lbs away from 300lbs and I never want to be at that level again. So here’s to hitting 270... then 260.... and so on and so forth. <3

submitted by /u/a-foolish-rainbow
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TmiT28

No comments:

Post a Comment