Saturday, October 3, 2020

I’m lost in my own weight loss journey

24-year-old male, 173cm (5’8”) and 86kg (190lbs)

Before, after and now: https://imgur.com/a/iWKLioA

Born heavy, grew up fat and still fat. I didn’t do anything about it until I had to enlist for my mandatory military service back in 2016. I was told by the medical officer that I was too fat to serve as a combat fit soldier, and I’d be a service clerk because of my Physical Employment Standard (PES) as my BMI didn’t make the cut. It hit me quite hard back then. I didn’t wanna be a clerk, I wanted to serve as a normal soldier - going through basic military training etc. About 6 months before my enlistment, I told myself I was gonna lose enough weight to let them reassess me. In 3 months, I lost enough weight by walking at least 5km daily, I couldn’t run because of how heavy I was. I went back to the medical officer, told him I’ve lost enough weight and also asked for an early enlistment. I got PES BP and was gonna enlist in 2 month’s time. PES BP is catered for all the obese soldiers, it helps them to lose weight during their basic military training phase before they get their actual PES again when they pass out. I lost about 22kg (49lbs) there.

After losing 22kg (49lbs), I thought I’d be able to at least maintain the weight loss or continue to lose more... but guess what? I gained everything back in one year! The camp I posted to was heaven to me. I got too comfortable... Fast forward to 2018, I got discharged at the weight when I enlisted. I had a few months free before my school starts, that was when I decided that enough was enough. I started intermittent fasting, I started walking and then running, at least 5km daily again. One year later, I lost the weight I’ve had lost during my service. I was still losing weight at this point, I even tried to incorporate all sorts of training - from strength to core etc, with the help of my gym buff friends and of course, the internet. I tried but failed miserably. I couldn’t lift, I couldn’t do a lot of exercises because it gave me aches I never had experienced before. This sounds like an excuse but also because I was juggling between school, work and fitness. I gave up in the end. I gave up on all the trainings and decided to just clock my miles instead.

Fast forward to now, I’m still struggling to lose more weight. It has plateaued since the beginning of Covid-19 now. They always tell me consistency is key. What key? I only know lock. I’ve been doing IF, eating clean, counting calories and still running as usual. Nothing works anymore. What am I doing it wrong? Every now and then I’d feel depressed as hell, I wanted to hurt myself so badly on some nights but deep down I know how it wouldn’t resolve anything at all even if I do that...

I ended up here with a new account instead.


[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30xfem9

No comments:

Post a Comment