Friday, October 23, 2020

In the early stages of my journey, but feeling good!

I'm a longtime lurker who's spent a lot of time putting off my weight loss/fitness journey, but I recently hit a milestone: first 15lbs lost!

I've been solidly in the "overweight" BMI range for as long as I can remember, but this is the first time I've really decided to do something about it. Over the years, I inched my way up to 5'8" 191lbs and stayed there for a pretty long time. Didn't help that I used to run in a "diets always fail so you should never try to lose weight" crowd that also encouraged my binge eating. Thankfully, I finally decided to do something about it when I got winded and had significant knee pain walking up and down a single flight of stairs—not ideal for a 22 year old.

Besides all this, I've struggled with depression/OCD for a long time and finally decided to really, truly work on it. In the past, I'd tuned out every therapist who told me to get more active and fix my diet, and now I'm kicking myself for it—they were right! I'd say my conditions got 30% more manageable once I stopped eating like garbage and moving around. The rest improved with a fairly low dose of medication and talk therapy.

Today, after six weeks of CICO/HIIT/yoga, I hit 176lbs! I've stopped craving sugary and salty snacks, haven't binged since starting CICO, and I feel so much better. Actually looking at nutritional information made me realize how little protein I was getting in my former diet. I basically lived off buttered bagels for breakfast and boxed macaroni and cheese for lunch. Nowadays, I eat oatmeal and Greek yogurt in the morning and chicken lettuce wraps in the afternoon. My HIIT workouts and yoga cooldowns are something I look forward to every day, and I have so much more energy than I used to.

I have 30lbs left before I hit my goal, and it's now looking much more attainable than it ever has before! Even though I haven't posted before, this community has really influenced my decision to start bettering myself and looking out for my wellbeing, so thank you!

submitted by /u/stellallluna
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2J0qpOs

No comments:

Post a Comment