Sunday, October 4, 2020

Is it possible that I’m not eating enough? Also, Can black coffee impede weight loss?

Hi, Long time reader, first time poster. I have been trying to lose a modest amount of weight for so long. Years. I’m 5’7” and this morning the scales say 76kg/ 167lbs. The GW is 63 / 137. I track my calories on the lose it app and aim for 1500/ day. I regularly go over that, to about 1700-1800, but I’m active with brisk walking, jogging, cycling, and, for the last 3 months, lifting weights at the gym 3 times per week. (I don’t add in more calories for the exercise in the app) My Garmin watch shows I’m burning between 2000 and 2400 cal per day. I eat pretty well, I think. I probably drink too much coffee (black, so no calories). For the last 2 years, my weight has moved only 4-5 lbs up and down in the same small space. In the last month, when I have been quite focussed on healthy choices, it has gone up. I’m supremely frustrated. While I’ve worked hard at the gym, and have very fatigued sore muscles after each session, I don’t know that my weight stagnation/gain is due to muscle gain. I don’t feel or look leaner. I also don’t believe that this could be my natural or healthy weight - I’m definitely a bit overweight. So what is it?? I’m wondering now whether I’m not eating enough? Has my metabolism slowed too much? Or could my beloved coffee be causing inflammation or something? (I really don’t want to give up my coffee - stopping mid morning and mid afternoon for a “cuppa” is a big part of the culture where I live, and it brings me joy).

Kind Redditors, please share your wisdom.

submitted by /u/lindsedmo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3iwdq2Q

No comments:

Post a Comment