Tuesday, October 13, 2020

It has been exactly 1 years today that I started on my weight loss journey. Only 25 pounds lost, but muscle and fitness gained. The best time to start was a year ago, second best is now! You can do it!

October 13th 2019 I made the decision to change the way I live my life. I downloaded calorie counting apps, I found a hobby that kept me active, and I committed to it.

I’ve always been interested in mountain biking, I have bad knees from working underground in a mine and carrying toolbags and the like uphill on uneven ground so running was automatically out. I live in an area of Ontario with a lot of well maintained mountain trails, and when I moved to my new home last August there was a well kept set of trails across the street so it was perfect. That’s where it started for me, I had a goal and a means to get there now all I had to do was commit to it.

Biking was my fitness, but calorie counting was my weight loss. Because she will read this I will say that my wife is amazing, she jumped on the chance to help me as soon as I mentioned it and having her there to cheer me on was a blessing. We set up my calorie goal and started coming up with meals and plans to keep me there.

My biking stopped soon after due to winter and Canada, so I had to find a way to maintain my fitness through the winter season. This came in the form of a stationary bike, and eventually weight lifting and other traditional workouts. It didn’t all happen at once, at first it was just stationary bike every day to keep my stamina up (or build more) and then I added dumbbells and body weight training, then I bought a bench and bar and started doing more intensive weights, and eventually a full machine. This spring I started biking again but I have maintained my weight training and I’m glad I did.

If you’re reading this, and you’re at the beginning of your journey and don’t think you can get there, you can. You don’t have to do it all at once, just a little by little. I never believed I could get as far as I have, and I still have room to grow, but I was committed (and stubborn) and I am really glad that I was.I slipped up, I ate bags of chips and drank too many beers but I always went back to my diet. I could have lost more weight or gained more muscle than I did, but I did it at my pace and I’m proud.

Anyways, here’s my progress picture. 1 year apart.

https://imgur.com/a/QjNdi6X

submitted by /u/Forever_DM
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3lIx2Tt

No comments:

Post a Comment