Thursday, October 22, 2020

It's Finally Happened. I Have Officially Lost 100lbs. (70 since May) Pics Included

Hi all -

33M 6'0" SW:300+ CW:198 GW:? Business Owner

Long time lurker. I finally feel like I have something to post now.

I have struggled with my weight basically since college. I started college with a broken foot, a DWI and absolutely no drive to succeed. I can still remember going to the gym my Freshmen year (not to workout) only to use the scale and seeing that I went over the 200lb mark. I got to that weight because I was depress/anxiety eating and it only got worse after that. I met my future Wife a few years later when I was about 235. I ballooned up slowly but steadily for the next 7-8 years. 3 years ago, I stepped on the scale and saw 299.6 - My heart absolutely sank. I never actually saw the scale go over 300 but I am very confident I got to 305-310.

I ended up doing a small crash diet which got me down to 286. Then, a Friend & I made a substantial bet so I ended up getting down to 245ish. This was pretty awesome. And honestly, I wasn't sure if I would ever go lower. I quit my job NOV 19’ and started my own business. In a 2-3 month period, I had gone back up to 265-270. Then Covid happened... something in me clicked. I started off with changing my eating habits like I normally do. I was down to 250 by the middle on June. But then I started swimming as exercise for the first time. Up to this point, I had not been doing ANY exercise. From Mid June to Sept 1 I had lost 30-35 pounds. But not only was I losing weight, I was getting "fitter". I was feeling good. That's when I decided to throw in lifting weights. I bought a crappy home gym and started hitting the weight 3-4 times a week and swimming on the other days. The weight loss significantly slowed down but the fat was disappearing. And... Now I am here. At this point, I don't have a goal weight. I think I'd like to get to 185-190 and then start really trying to get "big" muscles... But I really don't know. I am just happy to be healthy. Having Beer & Wings tonight for the first time in a long time

Bonus News: I'm now Nicotine free for 2 months. Smoked 10 years, Vaped for 5. Just quit cold turkey. No real tips on that, but it was pretty crazy to quit whilst dieting.

What I did... Tips ? - Calories in ... Calories out. I think a tracker is very important at first. Eventually it's not really needed. You know what you’re consuming. - Cut alcohol consumption by 75%+. I was basically a functioning alcoholic. - Exercise changed my life. Swimming was such a good way to get started because I was so lazy. Now I look forward to my garage time or going for swim/walk/hike.

My Before & After

Hope this helps someone out there. You’ve all helped me without even knowing.

submitted by /u/chokingontheback
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31yJGNd

No comments:

Post a Comment