Thursday, October 22, 2020

I am halfway to my goal weight!

I started my journey at 269lb (I am 5 foot 3) and I was a sick 24 (UK) and sad, I hated myself and I was eating myself to death just to get by. I had takeaways like once a week? I can't remember my last proper takeaway, like I've bought little treats from a bakery and a fair few sunday dinners but nothing like a Chinese/Indian/McD's.

At the end of February I made the decision to lose weight, I started calorie counting with lose it! sticking to around 1200 calories, it was very tricky in the beginning but now I have a better idea of what I can eat and what works best for me. I try to have a super light lunch like soup and a piece of weight watchers bread, a meal that I've cooked from scratch (thank you pinch of nom) and I will freeze them in batches because I find that I am less likely to eat takeaways if all I have to do is bring out a meal from the freezer, defrost, heat for a few minutes and it's done. This is quicker than a takeaway so in my mind I eat quicker and with very little effort.

I lost around 56lb before I decided to pick up running, and I am so glad I did :) this was at the end of August, and I used the NHS C25K app and I'll admit that it's hard to get into but it helps so so much and I can now jog (I don't go fast enough to call it a run) 5K and I try to do this 3 times a week, it does wonders for my weight loss. I can highly recommend this as a form of exercise, I am trying to build on this 5K and maybe try to get to 10K (once the gyms reopen, they're closed here for 2 weeks so I am learning to run outside). My goal with running is to do it while I am at my ideal weight to use as a way to burn off any treats, help with introducing more calories in the diet while maintaining :)

My ideal size is 12, currently I am a size 18. I'm not really sure how much I will weigh when I am this size but I have set a goal of 130 for now and I will just see how my body shapes. I've always been fat so I have no idea what I will look like, and I am excited to find out :) I can see the changes in my body and I am so happy to see the progress that I have made. Due to covid I've not seen my colleagues much but when I do they've noticed and commented, it feels amazing. My relationship with food has changed, and my stomach has actually shrunk a McDonald's will fill me for the day and I might have a sandwich just in case I end up hungry at like 10pm because I just wouldn't eat.

If you're a lurker, want to lose weight but don't think you can.. I've literally always been fat, fat as a child, fat as a teenager, fat as an adult. I am currently 26, and the last time I was this size was when I was about 18/19 and I did this in 8 months. I have undone 8 years of damage in 10% of that time. You can do this, you just need the mindset and determination to start, because once you're in the routine the rest is easy :)

submitted by /u/Serchus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ogSwJc

No comments:

Post a Comment