Wednesday, October 21, 2020

I've decided to let myself loose a bit and take a break from weight loss.

First time posting about my weight loss on Reddit Some background info: 22F; 5'1; SW: 176lb; CW:146lb

So I started putting a lot of effort into losing weight at the end of May this year. It was the first time I actually saw changes. Before I knew it, I lost 30lbs in 4 months. I put so much time, effort, and focus over the summer working on my diet and exercising. I even managed to maintain it for a bit when I started school again.

However, for the past month, I've been on a plateau. My weight hasn't budged much other than fluctuating a bit. I've been busy with school, work, and house chores, so I haven't been working out as much/hard as I normally do, but I recently began jogging regularly again. In terms of dieting, I haven't been doing too well and tend to overeat out of stress, so I haven't been eating at a deficit lately. I've gotten into the habit of stepping onto the scale first thing in the morning. Seeing no change has been frustrating, and I can't help but be hard on myself at the slightest increase. After sorting out my thoughts, I've decided to take a step back and accept that losing weight isn't my priority right now. As much as I want to keep at it, I just have too much on my plate. I don't want my frustration to drive me to any extremes. This is simply a mindset change to accept how things are they way now and to appreciate what I have done so far so I don't lose it. Hoping I'll be able to jump back into it when I'm able to.

submitted by /u/Iridescent_Euph0ria
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dIXREv

No comments:

Post a Comment