Sunday, October 11, 2020

Life changes; growing older

Hi all! This has probably been a long time coming for myself. I’m 34y/o male at about 6’. I’ve been consistently 235lbs for many many years. I was a lanky looking kid in HS at 175, but I just gradually gained weight over the period of aging and settling into a lifestyle. Now, I carried this weight well. I have large shoulders and never really had a gut.

In August I randomly weighed myself to find that I had gained roughly 10lbs since March of 2020 (I’m blaming COVID). Not sure why, but this hit different. I was never “happy” with my weight but I wasn’t really disappointed either. I told my self I’d start a journey to a better lifestyle and healthier eating habits. I started at the end of Aug 2020

As of Friday I’m down 23lbs. My clothes (mostly pants) do no longer stay on my waist - I can’t see it but apparently I’ve lost inches!

I’ve been using MyFitnessPal pretty religiously monitoring my calorie intake. I’ve limited myself to 1500cal/day. With the weight loss I’ve been having, obviously some days I’m not getting to my complete goal - sometimes coming under several hundred to 500 left.

The beginning was difficult. I work from home now. Found myself snacking a lot and my diet was non existent (garbage plates [WNY thing] and pizza).

My goal weight is to lose another 23lbs. My concern is by BMI standards I’ll still be “overweight” at 200 lbs - but I really don’t want to be the skinny tall kid I was years ago. I realistically need to get into weight training but I’d like to lose the weight first.

During all of this I’ve started including simple “workout routines” at home. Push-ups, sit-ups, jogging on the treadmill for 15-20 min to get my heart rate up.

Really looking forward to my progress and would love to hear your stories too! My wife was my biggest inspiration as she’s lost a lot of weight earlier this year.

Take care, be healthy!

submitted by /u/brianWM
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30VHmQ4

No comments:

Post a Comment