Wednesday, October 21, 2020

My family is not supportive of my weight loss

I am trying to get healthy and eat better and I have lost some weight, but my mom is being a b**** about it. I am doing it for myself and my health, but she's always making rude remarks about my weight loss. She finds small reasons to nag at me and even today she was like "let's see how long you keep this charade up" and it made me so freaking angry. As someone who has been overweight her whole life AND was constantly body shamed by her and the rest of my family, I feel so defeated. I've never felt beautiful or confident ever in my life. I want that now more than anything. I want to be strong and healthy. On top of that I am a grown adult who is trying to lose weight in a healthy way because I know it will help in other aspects of my life (energy, concentration on school work, stress relief, health, etc) so I don't know what her issue is. I want to feel confident so I am trying my best to keep going. I am trying to block out her rude remarks, but I broke down tonight. I still have 25 pounds to lose and I know I can do it, but the comments from her are really getting to me. It's like she's jealous that I am finally doing something about it. That she won't be able to criticize me about my weight once I lose it or something. My weight has always been something my whole family joked about and nagged at me about and I hate it. I am so angry with her. I am stuck at home this year because my college is closed because of COVID. I have no choice, but to deal with her nagging. Has anyone else experienced family members turning on them and being unsupportive of their weight loss/fitness journey?

submitted by /u/Any-Nectarine118
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3m9zWRI

No comments:

Post a Comment