Friday, October 9, 2020

Not really sure what my TDEE needs are and what is really working for weight loss

Hi Everyone,

This may sound strange given my weight loss of 84 pounds. Sometimes, I don't think I really understand my TDEE needs. I've used several different online tools and they tend to estimate my needs (48 year old female, 5 feet 8, 171 pounds) at around 1600 calories a day to lose weight (some a couple hundred more). I never know how "active" I should classify myself. I take a 4 mile hike daily and make a point to make sure my heart rate is up for 35 minutes of the walk. I mark that as "moderate" activity---but I'm not sure.

I've been eating at the 1400 -1450 range for a couple of months and would think I'd be losing weight at a decent rate. Not really. It's been about 2.5 pounds in 8 weeks. For those who will ask, I do weigh my portions, measure each snack and log every bite. Thinking that maybe I was eating at too low of a calorie range, I decided to try eating 1 week at 1600 calories.....and the scale moved down .8 pounds. But now I don't know what resulted in that weight loss. Was it the weeks of work at the 1400 calories? Was it the bump up to 1600 calories and my body thinking it was getting enough calories? Was it the switch??

I was wondering what people would recommend. What range should I aim for to lose another 7-10 pounds. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

submitted by /u/MissCmotivated
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Gxy468

No comments:

Post a Comment