Saturday, October 17, 2020

NSV: My ribs hurt!

My weight loss has been on and off for the last few years. Been a bit toxic yoyo-ing involved too. These last few months in the pandemic, I've just resorted to eating intuitively. Sometimes it's hard to stick to it though because I love stuffing myself on stressful days. So the number on the scale has been fluctuating from 195-200 constantly. I'm about 20-25 lbs down from my heaviest (unknown the exact amount since once I got that heavy I never weighed myself).

One thing I did start doing during corona was planking at every animal crossing session. It's hard, and I'm still working at being able to do it for long enough intervals (a full 2 minutes is my goal). But weirdly enough, it's caused my fat distribution to relocate to my belly pooch and decrease at the ribs. I can feel my bra being looser, but the pooch is also a bit bigger from some recent late night junk food habits popping back up as exam stress gets to me.

Just now, I was feeling so done with an essay that's already a few hours late. I decided to lay on my bed, stomach down. Then I felt like something was hurting my ribs. I look down, and it's my sweater zipper squished between my lower ribs and the bed. And I went "huh, I've worn this same sweater for years but I've never felt this before". I'm now skinny enough at my ribs to feel stuff when I'm squishing it!! I feel skinnier when I lay on my back too -- my stomach dips in at the ribs! Never had this happen before in my life, and felt like I wasn't seeing any fitness progress other than a less-flabby butt from running. But now I can say, I'm officially shaping up!

submitted by /u/Mojibacha
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3lVHzLa

No comments:

Post a Comment