Sunday, October 11, 2020

Progress stalled by stress

I'm so frustrated with a yo-yo cycle I'm in. In early 2019 I lost 10 pounds (150 to 140, goal is 120) using Noom, portion control, and exercise, and I was so excited! Then later in 2019 I got a severe knee injury that required surgery and I gained it all back. I started over...and the pandemic hit. Now nothing I do seems to work. I go on 6-8 mile walks, I stick to the smaller portions Noon requires, I don't comfort eat, I drink water...and my body is just CLINGING to that weight. The scale will not move.

Part of it may also be that I work in U.S. politics and I am terrified of the next three weeks AND of the irresponsibility and medical coverup coming from the top right now...but I feel like my body cannot release anything right now. I used to feel so relaxed when running or biking and now I'm just constricted with anxiety. Has anyone else seen their weight loss journey stall at a time of intense stress or anxiety? I'm trying to look at it as a win in the sense that I am maintaining weight during a stressful time, but I'm bummed that I'm essentially back to exactly where I was 20 months ago.

submitted by /u/jennyvasan
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30Vkv7v

No comments:

Post a Comment