Thursday, October 15, 2020

Subconscious self-sabotage??

I’ve had well managed depression for a long time that’s recently worsened due to a myriad of craziness in my life (as I’m sure many people have had this year). But this issue with weight loss and how I view myself is nothing new. I have type 1 diabetes and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, in addition to a blood clotting disorder and vascular birth defect. Long story short, weight loss isn’t easy for me, but I don’t like to use those things as excuses.

My issue (I think) is that I use food to cope and I’m terrified of failure. Every time I’ve gotten into the swing of things and lost 5-6 pounds of the 35 I have to lose, it’s like some sort of subconscious switch flips to initiate self-sabotage. Has anyone else had this issue? I know I probably need to see a therapist so I don’t expect to resolve it all on Reddit, but Any advice on overcoming this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance to this amazing community ❤️

submitted by /u/justkindafloating
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37guckV

No comments:

Post a Comment