Thursday, October 15, 2020

100 pounds down, what I've learned. [25 M]

So I've struggled with my weight for essentially my entire life. As a child I was never taught portion control and as an adult I spent all my free money on food. My first mistake was using food as a defense mechanism to keep myself anonymous. Ironically people tend to ignore obese/overweight people and this was good to me. I have issues with social anxiety and am throughly introverted. This however has changed with the weight loss. I still enjoy a nice time inside but the idea of going out and enjoying anything really has become really appealing. The more weight I lose the higher desire I have to live life.

The second thing I've learned is that weight while being a contributing factor to depression will not solve depression. I still struggle with this but my motivation and drive to lose weight has also motivated me to pursue a career in programming and web development I never thought I could ever do. Things may seem daunting at the start but I promise it gets easier.

The final thing I've learned is sadly it is true people really do treat you better when you are thin.

So my message to anyone starting their journey is you've got this.

SW: 315 CW: 215 GW: 170

Pics for reference: http://imgur.com/gallery/DhE5Psf

Bonus PS: CICO works, original pic was from 2017 and now my money goes to headphones lol.

submitted by /u/JSM953
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3lOz84m

No comments:

Post a Comment