Friday, October 2, 2020

Update/Feels

Hey all,

So I’ve been on an aggressive weight loss journey since 7/22/20. I’m down over 40lbs so far. Operating on a pretty steep calorie deficit.

Recently I had a lipid profile done while I was getting an annual physical, and my cholesterol levels are all stellar except for the “good” cholesterol, for which my Dr. recommended taking fish oil, and exercising more (your body can produce it apparently?).

So the main activity I’ve been doing is low-intensity hiking. Though most days I am only at ~4000 steps, my better days being 10-12k with rough terrain.

I have a secondary challenge of not building too much muscle because my weight loss is also focused around a permanent knee injury and I need to make the number go down to decrease the further damage done to my knee.

Once I am closer to goal weight I can start ramping up exercise.

I’m feeling pretty good though. My face looks a LOT thinner, and my overall mood/mental health is better. However up until recently I’ve not really experienced many cravings...I know...weird...but lately I’ve been craving some garbage pizza from Dominos...but it’s like 220 calories a slice.... got a good cauliflower pizza from Costco which is 260 calories per quarter-pizza.

What are your favorite Pizza-like devices or tips for decreasing the calories of pizza?

I am also a very skilled cook, so happy to hear what you’ve done/created.

Gosh I want pizza.

Also if anyone here is just starting out and want to hear about my day-to-day foods/routines, I’m happy to share. I never liked getting weight loss advice from skinny people who have never been fat...there is unique psychology and unique emotional challenges to being fat...and making changes to get rid of it.

I’m feeling so sad that I wasn’t taught this sooner in life...but in my circumstance it’s not surprising...

We can only move forward and can’t let those feels hold us back.

submitted by /u/wampastompa09
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3jruWXr

No comments:

Post a Comment