Sunday, October 11, 2020

What are some of the reactions you’ve gotten from people who who haven’t seen you for a while because of quarantine ? (Or just in general?)

A neighbor saw me the other day and I wasn’t even thinking about the fact that he hasn’t seen me since before I started my weight loss. He was floored and said how great I looked and wanted tips for himself.

A relative saw a photo and said “He lost how much? Who does that? Everyone’s here gaining quarantine 20 and he goes and loses 50lbs? Who does that????” (Lol 😀)

We’ve had some posts here with the negative side of reactions, with some of us realizing now that they’re thinner how shallow the world is and how people treat them better. It really is upsetting because we’re the same person inside.

But that got me thinking about the positive side, and I’ve started asking people here and in /r/cico and in /r/progresspics how friends and family are reacting to their weight loss. It warms my heart to hear about all the positivity people are getting and upsets me to hear about jealous friends and relatives being not supportive.

But I love or appreciate both kinds of stories. I feel like those reactions in some ways are to each and all of us, so I’m taking all of your stories personally. In a good way.

submitted by /u/wise_guy_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30XU6Wy

No comments:

Post a Comment