Friday, November 6, 2020

A realization about freedom and control in my diet choices...

Just a little blurb, but I wanted to share something that I began to realize in the last few days. When I graduated college and made it to grad school, I thought now that I'm living on my own I'll have more control over what I'm eating and be able to lose the weight I packed on in undergrad. But instead, I actually gained more weight, and at a faster rate than I did in college - almost 30lbs in one year. What I realized is this... I didn't gain any more opportunity to control my diet per se. What I did gain was more freedom to choose what I eat. I'm no longer limited by what the dining hall has to offer. I can cook as healthy or junky food as I want. I can order in from wherever I want. I can eat however much I want, with no social stigma.

My problem is that I needed more structure in my diet, not less. I guess the reason why my previous success at weight loss required less effort, was that a lot of that structure was already baked in.

submitted by /u/Gold-Dog58
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2I77xwK

No comments:

Post a Comment