Monday, November 2, 2020

Adjusting down calories is hard

When I was 200 lbs my maintenance calories were 1912, and I lost 32 lbs by shooting for 1400 to 1500 calories a day and walking 3 miles a day. Weight loss slowed and now my maintenance calories are 1737. That is almost a difference of 200 calories a day!

At first I thought I would just accept a slower weight loss (3 lbs per month instead of 5 lbs per month) until I realized that the maintenance calories at my goal weight of 125 is actually only 1500 calories a day. So... basically what I'm eating now but with no cheat meals.

I'm going to have to accept that I need to adjust down my average calories per day to reach my goal, but I fear this will be difficult. I'm fairly comfortable but definitely trying hard even at 1500 calories a day.

I need to cut out 200 calories from my day, and I don't want to increase my exercise (no time). Any advice from people who have done this before on how to reduce the pain?

submitted by /u/instantpig0101
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36dZEy7

No comments:

Post a Comment