Monday, November 2, 2020

Do you stop thinking about weight loss when you reach your goal?

(25F 215 lbs) I’ve been overweight/obese pretty much my whole life, and the desire to lose weight and my physical insecurities have been on my mind daily. I’ve been yo-yo dieting since I was 8 and continue to struggle with emotional eating. The lowest I’ve ever gotten was 173, but then I went on vacation and indulged and lost focus, and it eventually piled back on. I can’t even fathom a life where I don’t think about wanting to lose weight every day.

My question is, has anyone else ever felt like this? What happens if you lose the weight? Do these insecurities go away, and you stop thinking about them? It’s weird to say, but it almost feels like this long-term quest that I’ve always been wishing for, and if I somehow lost all the weight, I would feel a loss of purpose? I guess the logical thing would be to focus on a more productive goal in my professional or personal life.

Any thoughts or experiences with this would be great to hear.

submitted by /u/tickthebox
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3euircd

No comments:

Post a Comment