Thursday, November 5, 2020

I’m struggling with sustaining my diet and I need advice.

| F18, 161-162cm(5’3), CW;71kg(156,5lbs) GW; around 58kg(128lbs)-60kg(132lbs) |

Hey, this is my first post in the subreddit and as someone who’s never really liked asking for advice, it’s incredibly hard to share my struggles like this but I’m reaching a bit of a breaking point.

I’ve been eating around 1200kcal for a longer while now (yes, I use MFP and I measure and weigh everything) and I have steadily been losing around 1kg (2lbs) a week while building muscle with exercise at home - usually calisthenics and small weights for around 30 mins + around 9-10k steps a day. Honestly, this amount of food used to be enough. I had energy, felt great, the weight loss was giving me motivation... but I don’t feel this way anymore. I’m not really sure what changed, but I started to feel really tired, don’t have any energy to exercise, and the urge to just binge is almost unbearable. The calorie counting and weighing has turned into a bit of an obsession and as someone who hasn’t yet recovered from eating disorders, I’m not sure anymore that it’s a good way to go about it. I really don’t want this to turn out to be another restrictive diet that fails, as I was hoping it’d be a lifestyle change on my part and I could sustain it for the rest of my life, and stay a healthy weight...

Is there any way to lose weight without counting? Should I up my daily calorie allowance? (My TDEE is 2069kcal, while my BMR is just a bit over 1500kcal) Should I just suck it up and stick to 1200kcal and have my body... readjust? Do you have any other advice for me? I’m really not sure what to do.

And if it matters at all, I am vegan. :)

submitted by /u/_sinkeen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3k2PTHC

No comments:

Post a Comment