Friday, November 13, 2020

[Progress] CICO Day 100: Down 66.2 lbs

38m sw:293, cw:227, gw:160

So, my dad unexpectedly died in July at the age of 58 and I figured it was a great time to consider my own health choices and make some smart lifestyle decisions for my future: I got a dental cleaning for the first time in 20 years and I visited the doctor for a wellness check (no diabetes, no high blood pressure, yay!), and of course I made the decision to lose weight.

I have owned a wifi scale for quite some time, so I have a pretty clear history of my weight trend: https://i.imgur.com/feDMRZM.jpg

I'm trying to figure out what happened in the first half of 2018 that caused gain weight, what changed in my life... And I'm coming up with nothing. No idea.

In any case, I found my fitbit and I started counting calories on August 6th. I weighed 293.2 lbs at the time - 42.1 BMI, Obese class 3. 41.3% body fat (According to the fitbit scale, if that can be trusted to calculate body fat)

I tried to keep my intake under 1000 calories per day, except on days where I actually did exercise, where I let it go a little higher than that. I got a bike and started riding it at least once a week for a couple of hours. I thought that eating with a calorie deficit would be difficult, that I would be so hungry all the time. Turns out it's actually quite easy. I mentioned above I went to the doctor, well I saw her when I was around 270 lbs, told her my diet plan. She warned me that such a calorie deficit could cause problems, but to watch my body and if any signs of those problems appear to increase my calorie intake. And to make sure I'm taking a multivitamin and eating protein and fiber and not getting my calories from a lot of sugar.

Yesterday marked 100 days since that day. I weight myself nearly every day at the same time in the morning for the past 100 days. Yesterday's weigh in says I'm 227.0 lbs. 32.6 BMI, Obese class 1. The scale says 33.7% body fat. I'm pretty okay with that, 0.66lb loss per day, or 4.63lb per week, average. Of course, looking at the weight loss trend:

https://i.imgur.com/JrFtElV.jpg

One can see it wasn't a straight drop. There was a bit of a slowdown there, but I'm back on my previous trend. I feel healthy, energetic. I see my clothes falling off of me, feels like I'm wearing a tent. But, I don't really see a huge difference in the mirror. I know it's there, but I just don't see it.

Anyway, my goal weight is 160, and I hope to hit that goal before my birthday in April.

What do you think?

submitted by /u/joem_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32L4eTw

No comments:

Post a Comment