Sunday, November 8, 2020

Small [Scale Victory] I’m underneath 180 for the first time since I had my child. (SW:180 CW:171 GW:130)

I got up to pee after a restless night, decided to check my scale- something I haven’t done in over a month.

It said 171.

I haven’t seen 170 numbers since 2 weeks after I had my child (almost two years ago now) and lost all the literal baby weight (which I promptly gained back and held on to).

Things I’ve done:

We’ve started eating at home loads more. It’s not every single night, and it’s not always particularly healthy food, but it’s home cooked, less butter, less fats, less salt.

I connected with an old friend and started walking. We’re both overweight. She carries hers in all the “right” places, has the ‘perfect’ figure for her curves. I, however, still look like I’m carrying a human in my body. But slightly deflated. But, she offered to go walking with me, and so we do. We won’t be running marathons any time soon, but it’s more exercise than I’ve gotten in... god knows how long.

I switched birth control. 3 years ago, I lost a good amount of weight right after switching BC from the Nexplanon arm implant to the vaginal ring, NuvaRing. But, I also cut out all soda at the same time, and attributed the weight loss to the soda loss. I switched birth control here recently on the off chance that it could’ve been a contributing factor. Same as before Nexplanon to NuvaRing, in case any other women are considering.

I stopped smoking 2 months (and counting!) ago. I haven’t quit vaping yet, but I’m down to 1.5mg nicotine, so I’m confident I can phase that out sometime soonish as well. (The quitting smoking is why I haven’t yet cut out soda. Caffeine has replaced cigarettes to help calm my anxiety when my toddler gets my goat.)

So yeah.

Small numbered scale victory, but a HUGE god damn win for me.

I’m so excited.

submitted by /u/sweeneyswantateeny
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/356Dv5l

No comments:

Post a Comment