Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Weight Loss: How'd your family & friends react?

One of the most interesting parts of the weight loss journey is how the people around you react to your transformation. In the last few years, I've (25M) gone from 300-pounds to 185-pounds. From the friends I see everyday to the family I see once a year, I've definitely received mixed reviews.

My coworkers treated me like a hero, my diet and exercise routine became a hot office topic. They'd constantly commend me for turning down donuts and tell me they envied my discipline. Super flattering, but a little weird.

My Dad was super proud of me, as he too lost major weight in his early twenties. My Father-in-law was also very complementary of my work ethic and would share updates on his own journey with me. Unfortunately, old friends literally can't stop talking about how different I look. My Best Friends have endless jokes about my transformation, but they're always willing to give me props. My Brother-in-law is the same way, always got a playful jab ready.

The women in my life reacted a lot differently, with the exception of my sister. My Wife is happy that I made a change, as my eating habits and health have vastly improved. However, she feels that I've gotten "too skinny" after my weight loss. My Mom, who lost 50+ pounds several years ago, is proud of my progress. However, she too thinks that I have lost too much weight. At a few points during my weight loss journey, she suggested that I stop losing and just maintain. My Mother-in-law, who is genuinely kind, is convinced that I starve myself. She's constantly shoving food in my direction, asking if I've eaten, and offering to cook.

How'd your family & friends react to your weight loss?

submitted by /u/HammerheadHurricane
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/363yJ82

No comments:

Post a Comment