Tuesday, January 1, 2019

BEST REALIZATION EVER

All my life I have struggled with my weight. I went through an eating disorder in high school, I would sob with guilt and hatred at my size in college, and I tortured myself with stress and judgment at so many mealtimes in my life. I’ve always felt totally out of control (both due to chronic overeating and constant bad food choices).

In 2018, I lost 30 pounds. I have at least 30 more to go to be in the normal/heavy window, but instead of being disappointed or stressed about losing the rest ASAP, I had something happen that changed everything for me.

The weight loss strategy that has SUPER worked for me this year has been doing a Master Cleanse for ten days every 3-4 months, which would erase my food cravings and make it easy/natural for me to not eat sugar, grains, and dairy in-between (but this isn’t the point, read on!).

I did the Master Cleanse (I basically fasted) three times throughout the year, lost 30 pounds, and then did a forth one too soon after the one before.

The result was BAD. I lost ten pounds way too suddenly. Everything just sagged. My body didn’t have enough time to “get used to” the previous weight loss and my skin wasn’t firmed up yet.

So when I lost it too quickly, I was really embarrassed of my body — WAY more than I was while I was 40 pounds heavier! Crazy! Sorry if this is TMI, but I was fine-ish being naked and having sex at 207 pounds, but at 167 pounds, with the sag, I wouldn’t have sex unless I was totally clothed. It would have been my worst nightmare for a guy to have seen me like that (yes, I have some mental work to do too, but there is a good point here, I promise!).

I went on a week-long cruise immediately after that, and when I came back, I looked at myself in the mirror and thought, “Damn, I look good!” (This is rare for me lol). I got on the scale and saw I had gained the last 10 pounds back.

WHAT I LEARNED: I don’t WANT to lose weight crazy fast. I don’t have to stress and sob about the slow progression, in fact, I want it to go slow.

I prefer to exercise, eat healthfully (and enjoyably) to lose weight slowly and get the best results possible (I’ll also keep doing fasts just not back to back).

What I love about my mindset now is I’m at peace. I have my plan. I am currently DOING my plan (not saying “I’ll start tomorrow”). My plan is right for me, so I never find myself thinking, “I can’t wait until this diet is over!”. Though I eat basically paleo, I know that technically no foods are “off limits” for me. If it’s a special occasion or if I REALLY want it, I can have it. But I don’t eat until I explode anymore.

I trust my plan and I know I will keep losing weight. No need to rush or panic.

I can’t even believe this is my reality now.

TLDR; I lost weight too fast and was sag city. That experience allowed me to stop stressing about slow progress and actually PREFER it. So much weight lifted! (HA!)

submitted by /u/BlissfulEating
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2s25XAO

No comments:

Post a Comment