Monday, January 7, 2019

frustrated, but i’ll keep going

i started trying to lose weight on april 25th 2018 after years of hating my body and feeling terrible about myself and my eating habits. before this point, i would eat when bored. i was eating a full dinner’s amount around 3 or 4 times a day, as well as snacking and drinking 2, sometimes 3 cans of pepsi a day.

i am 16F, so this has honestly been quite hard for me because i’m not in complete control of what food is in the household. i don’t weigh any of my food, but i very loosely count calories (mostly just guesstimate) and aim for below or at maintenance. i also don’t exercise apart from travelling to school. this, as well as the fact that i’ve had many days of overeating during this journey, my weight loss has been extremely slow.

after around 8 months, i’ve lost 13-14kg (28-30lbs). previously around 75-76kg (165-167lbs), i now weigh 61.7kg (136lbs) as of this morning. i hope to reach 55kg (121lbs) and then assess whether i want to lose more weight, and i’m 163cm tall (5’4).

honestly, i am proud of myself for making change in my life, but some people haven’t noticed, which doesn’t help with the fact that i feel like i don’t look any different sometimes.

my weight loss has slowed drastically these past couple of months and i’m mostly just maintaining my weight right now, with lots of difficulty. when i started i thought the whole weight loss thing was easy, and was even worried about undereating. but now it feels like i have to do all i can to prevent myself from overeating.

i also am frustrated because if i was more disciplined, i could’ve healthily lost this weight in a matter of 5 months, but i’ve taken 8 months just to lose slightly more than half. it’s taking all i have not to gain it back, and i’m not even at my goal yet.

even though i feel this way, i have to keep going for my own sake. i can’t backtrack now. i need to keep in mind that even maintaining is a victory in itself, and i don’t want to let myself go back to being miserable. and i need to remember that this “journey” is really lifelong.

thank you to anyone who read this far, and i wish you luck on your personal journeys.

submitted by /u/sympathiies
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2TBxYv5

No comments:

Post a Comment