Sunday, January 6, 2019

How do you not obsess?

Hi all, I'm new here, and new to the weight loss journey. Im going to preface this by saying I am diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and am on medication to help me with it.

Some background on me:

Ive never seriously put forth an effort to lose weight until now. I'm a 30 year old female and I weigh 300lbs on the dot. I started this journey on January second at 302lbs. I am type two diabetic amd I have sever Obstructive Sleep Apnea. As far as weight loss goes, I've no idea what I'm doing. There are so many different programs and plans and methods. I've always been a bad binge eater with lots of takeout, pizza, sweets, and drinking gallons of soda. So i figured I would start with the basics and change up my diet and incorporate some moderate exercise as I can.

Well it's been working very well for me and I feel really good about what I've been doing. Ive fallen in love with the challenge. I've been eating much healthier, have successfully avoided all of my cravings and battled through my weak moments (so far, lol) I've been doing moderate exercises at home (jumpingjacks, crunches, "knee" pushups) and overall trying to be more active. My abs are very sore right now, who knew there were even abs under all this mass??

The only problem I'm having is that almost every hour of the day this is what's occupying my mind. I read this subreddit and others constantly, I want to talk about it all the time. I want to go to the grocery store and buy every vegetable they have in stock so I have something acceptable to snack on; I'm always planning my next meal, asking someone for advice, or thinking about how badly I want to stick with this.

My boyfriend (not on a diet) is very supportive of me, but tells me (And I very much acknowledge this) that I'm obsessing over this. when I get home from work I tell him everything that I ate that day because I am proud, and I want to share. But I dont want to be that person. That person is annoying af. But it is essential that I follow through with this for my health.

I know that this is a very important thing for me to be doing. It is. But I dont want my entire life to circle around my weight loss journey.

Like I said, I am obsessive compulsive, and I understand that this is probably a huge part of why I'm being like this, but surely, a large life overhaul like this....is there anyone else that obsesses over their new life choices?

I'm starting to feel bad for my poor boyfriend.

submitted by /u/7am_2bottles
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FfjE7C

No comments:

Post a Comment