Monday, January 7, 2019

I’ve lost 15lbs in 4 months just by exercising during commercial breaks when I’m watching TV and by cutting my Mountain Dew intake. I’m so proud of myself!

I’m currently a PhD student working on my dissertation. This means I don’t go to class and I do all of my work from home (to be even more honest, I do all my work from my bed). This caused me to become very inactive and drink unhealthy amounts of Mountain Dew. I am 5’0 and 4 months ago, I weighed 142 lbs. I now weigh about 127-129, which is a healthy weight for my height and body type. I did this by making these minor changes:

I watch A LOT of tv during the day because it’s not realistic to sit and write for 8-10 hours straight. So I would do simple floor exercises such as push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks, planks, etc during the commercial breaks. This next one sounds ridiculous, but another slight change I made is when I’d go places, I would park the farthest away from the building to give me slightly more exercise. I also always take stairs as apposed to an elevator. I know that sounds silly, but every bit helps, right?

This next one was hard for me. I also replaced my Mountain Dew addiction with drinking juice to help cut calories (I was drinking 6-7 cans a day, yikes!). I now only drink 1-2 cans of Mountain Dew a day (if that). Honestly, I don’t have the discipline yet to change my eating habits, but I have made a conscious effort to reduce my snacking through out the day and fast food intake.

Lastly, I started taking multi-vitamins. I’m not sure if those contribute to weight loss or not, but I do know I feel healthier. I also feel more energized and less stressed about my doctorate. All because of these very minor changes.

submitted by /u/PitbullsAndPrada
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2LYEp8L

No comments:

Post a Comment