Sunday, January 13, 2019

[RANT] I think I'm going to keep my mouth shut during this weight loss process.

Greetings,

Two weeks ago I made the decision to begin a workout program and clean up my diet. I started LIIFT 4 and slowly phased out all the processed and refined crap I was eating. I have well over 100 lbs to lose and managed to lose about 8.4 lbs since beginning the program. Before I started this journey I took a picture from the neck down. This morning I did the same thing and there is a notable difference. I was so excited that I texted the pictures to my best friend.

Big mistake.

I got this like 3 paragraph text about how 1) there is no difference between the two pictures (okay I'm not BLIND there totally is a freaking difference); 2) But as long as I think I'm doing well then that's all that matters (true, but I found this comment to be undermining and bitchy); 3) I shouldn't stress myself over losing weight and should allow myself to binge when I lose motivation; 4) Implies the only thing I've lost is water weight (which might be true, but why poo poo on my little victory here?)

I don't feel deflated or anything; I know I'm kicking ass. It's just the entire response was bitchy and weird and unnecessary. It's totally fine if you don't see a difference, but why say all that? Moving forward I'm not saying a goddamn word and instead will let my hard work speak for itself.

This just makes me wonder about how my friend is going to behave in the future. People get weird when others lose weight.

Have a good day!

submitted by /u/summationotation
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2M8dPKn

No comments:

Post a Comment