Friday, February 8, 2019

Can you gain weight when you’re sick despite being at a calorie deficit?

I’ve been losing weight pretty steadily for a while now by eating 1200 calories per day and working out around five times per week. However, for the past ten days or so, I’ve been ill with a throath infection and a bad wisdom tooth infection, and I was put on two different antibiotics. I’ve been at my usual 1200 kcal throughout this, only difference is that I haven’t been able to hit the gym. My BMR is still around 2100, so I figured this shouldn’t affect the weight loss massively.

I thought I would have probably lost a couple pounds in ten days, but I weighed myself today and yesterday, and I seem to have gained 2 lbs? I don’t know how that’s possible. The scale also showed my body fat percentage at around 3% higher than usual, and my BMR as 400 kcal lower. I’m wondering if this is just water weight that will woosh off as soon as I get healthy, or if it’s actually possible to gain fat at 1200 kcal if you’re ill and on medication?

submitted by /u/Bchella
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2GmolOn

No comments:

Post a Comment