Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Hit a milestone!

I'm feeling kind of ecstatic and need to share.

So my weight loss journey started about two months ago. I dropped about 30 pounds accidentally before that, due to depression killing my appetite and taking on a more physical job. I'm getting myself back on track mentally and decided I was going to keep the weight off, and have since dropped at least another 30 (or more -- I haven't weighed myself in about three weeks.) Last weigh in was 234 pounds, and just 8 months ago I was 298. Dieting is my number one strategy, but I've been slowly incorporating more and more exercise into my routine.

I used to run a lot when I was at my fittest (in high school, about 6 years ago.) I never particularly enjoyed it, so it was easy to stop when my habits got worse. I started up again in December, slowly and with a lot of shin spint issues. I couldn't go for more than a minute at first.

I just got back from running for 15 minutes straight with no pain and a strong runner's high. I feel absolutely fantastic. It's been a long time since I could go for this long, and I've never experienced a runner's high in my life.

I'm so proud of myself and I'm so happy that I'm slowly getting my body to where I want it to be 😁😁

submitted by /u/AGhostInTheDungeon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Gr7SHI

No comments:

Post a Comment