Monday, February 18, 2019

Lost my first 10 pounds!

Hey guys, just wanted to share because I'm excited! I'm actually European so I usually measure my weight in kg but for some reason I find it more motivating to also look at lbs lost because the numbers are bigger, so I'm going with that haha 10 just sounds like a far greater achievement than 4.6 :D

It's been a WHILE since I've lost so much weight at one time.... I usually used to lose like 5lbs and then go back up to my starting weight and repeat the cycle over and over again. So this is definitely reason to celebrate!

I've been doing CICO since January 27th, so it took me three weeks to lose that weight, which I never expected when I first started. I know it will slow down soon because I am aiming for a 500 calorie deficit per day and the majority of the weight I've lost was likely water.

I am tracking my food religiously, and it has taught me so much and gave me flexibility that I have never had with any of the diets I've tried before.

I even went to McDonald's last week because they have a burger for a limited time right now that I wanted to try SO bad! I just planned the meal I was gonna have there in advance and also planned my dinner accordingly. It obviously took some discipline because I only got the burger and two chicken strips, nothing else. Did I want fries? Sure. Would I have loved to have some sour cream with the chicken? Of course. But I just said no and stuck to my plan. That taught me that with enough discipline, you can even have fast food once in a while as long as it doesn't become a habit.

The food I cook has also changed immensely. My meat consumption dropped by at least 70%, as did the amount of carbs I eat. While I hadn't planned to eat low carb, I found myself eating less and less bread, pasta or rice. Also, soups have become my best friend! They taste great, fill you up with all that liquid and are pretty low calorie (depending on how you make them obviously). A few days ago I made cauliflower soup and yesterday I had some curry lentil soup which was the bomb. If you're willing to put a little effort in and actually cook, healthy food can taste amazing. I feel that was my problem with my past weight loss attempts. I was too lazy to look up recipes so I only had chicken and broccoli every day until I got so sick of it that I ended up quitting. Now I'm aiming for variety and it's working really well. I don't really miss anything right now, and I always feel full in the evenings, which was important to me because I always consumed the majority of my calories at night. Before my weightloss journey, I actually used to eat pretty healthily for lunch or dinner, but then shove snacks into my mouth at 9pm that had more calories than my previous two meals combined. Now I have a big but still healthy dinner (around 1000 calories usually - and right now I eat around 2000 calories a day), and then some fruit as a snack later, mostly blueberries and strawberries.

So yeah, just wanted to share my excitement and what has been working for me so far!

Hope you're all doing great too! :)

submitted by /u/RedLipsAlwaysLie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/arvgcs/lost_my_first_10_pounds/

No comments:

Post a Comment