Monday, February 4, 2019

NSV- down 100lbs and I fit comfortably in my airplane seat and actually had to tighten my seatbelt.

I’m 10 months into my weight loss journey and now down 100 lbs. today I flew for the first time in about 5 months . Previously when I used to fly, I would fit in the seat but the seatbelt would have to be fully extended and I would have to suck in to get it to click. Today, as I sat down I fully extended the seatbelt fully anticipating to have to suck in again and to my surprise, I had a ton of room to spare. I even had to pul the belt tight almost 8 inches. Talk about pumped. One of the reasons I gained so much wait was I was unable to control my portions. I remember the day I started to make to make this journey I had gone to the doctors office with chest pains and decided I was going to partner with my doctor to reach my goal. Here are a list of things that I feel have helped me along the way:

  1. I partnered with a doctor that cared about my weight loss journey. I can’t underestimate how much this has helped me. He prescribed me phentermine. What this helped me do is start controlling my portions and develop good habits.
  2. I didn’t stop myself from eating what I wanted. I’m a firm believer that it’s about good habits and portion control. If I wanted a burger, I ate a burger. I just didn’t eat it all and had a healthier side instead of French fries. Also, I didn’t eat it all the time.
  3. I maintained a high protein, low carb diet. From what I’ve read, protein provides a more sustainable energy source that burns cleaner than carbs. When I did eat carbs I leaned toward healthier carbs.
  4. This is one of the biggest things I’ve learned how to do that I think has helped me. I learned how to chew my food and slow down. It allowed me to get full faster and stop eating sooner.
  5. I’ve recently started exercise using, mostly the elliptical and swimming. I only started this 9 months in my journey because I wanted to develop good dietary habits first.

None of this is necessary a diet plan that was prescribed to me but it is what I did to help me lose weight. I’m down to 295 lbs and still have about 70 lbs to get to where I want to be. But I’m super pumped about the progress I’ve made.2

submitted by /u/lukhoffm
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WJl9Bk

No comments:

Post a Comment