Monday, March 18, 2019

5 Week Update - Linear Weight Loss? Nice meme.

Hello everyone,

I decided that I would start to update myself and reflect on my progress every week or two, and thought that people here may find it useful for the future because I plan to keep updating until I reach my goal.

For context, I eat at about a 500 calorie deficit (so 1500 for me since i'm sedentary) of (generally) healthy-ish foods from all food groups. I'm not afraid to have takeout once a week as long as I keep around my calorie goal, and incorporate at least 18 hours of fasting each day and throw in OMAD once or twice a week.

Information about me: Male Age: 20 Height: 6'0" Starting weight: 175 Current Weight: 168.2 Goal Weight: ~145 

Here's a link to last week's post (https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/azu5se/4_week_update_will_i_ever_know/)

In contrast to last week, this has been a very interesting week, mostly in regards to the graph of my weight changing so much. Here's a picture of the graph from the last 3-ish weeks. There was a big dip where my weight went to 165.7 lbs on the 14th, then fast forward to now the 18th I weighed in at just under 170, at 169.8. And since that day my weight kept going up, so yeah weight loss definitely is not linear at all. I am sort of learning to not let it get to my head because 165.7 is the lowest I've seen the scale in quite a while, and that is the lowest that my weight has been since I started this (by over a pound), so something must be working clearly.

I find it so weird when people show graphs and its literally just a straight line down, very neat and proper. I don't eat the exact same stuff every day, sometimes I eat 2000 calories, sometimes I eat nothing, so my graph is never gonna be straight lol. But I think I'm okay with that, and following the trend that my graph has been making, my weight will soon plummet back down in maybe a week or so.

Yesterday was St. Patrick's day, meaning of course I had to celebrate a little. My family cooked up some corned beef in the slow cooker and I waited until 6 o clock so I could have a nice Reuben sandwich with coleslaw and thousand island on rye. It was really good and that was nice to have. Then after that I had some cookies so yeah, but I didn't really bother to count calories because I didn't want to weight out a sandwich that's just against my policy. The sandwich was pretty big, and had lots of stuff in it and I had half of another one so I assume it was around 1000 calories to be safe, and then I had a protein shake as well so eventually everything probably came out just a little over my limit, which is fine by me. I'm just gonna move on and tomorrow go back to what I usually do.

I'm also really working on allowing myself to get used to the feeling of an empty stomach; I've been able to deal with it thus far, but I really want to focus on being able to actually deal with it without thinking about food when I'm not busy. Yeah if I wanted to just ignore it by being busy I could, but sometimes I have downtime where i'm not and I want to enjoy those times and not be pained by thoughts of food because my stomach is empty, even though I know that's fine and that I don't need any food. Perhaps some meditation or something may help with that, I'm going to research some more on it so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Preferably don't tell me to just eat more until i'm satisfied because hah guess what I'm never satisfied and my stomach is endless. I eat lots of fats and proteins and still I can always go back for seconds and thirds and fourths of everything, but it's fine I'm learning to deal with it. For example that meal I gave that I ate on St. Patrick's day with the big sandwich and all that, nah I still could have eaten like 2 more sandwiches and a ton of other things too but that easily could have been like 3000-4000 calories so I stopped lol.

That's about it for this week, thanks for the read and hopefully some more progress will be made for next week :)

submitted by /u/Redicebergz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2O9qa1S

No comments:

Post a Comment