Thursday, March 7, 2019

Changes in sleep patterns with weight loss?

Hey y'all.

So I'm trying to focus on all aspects of health, including water intake and sleep, which I track via Fitbit. I had a few days off from school because of Mardi Gras, and didn't need to set an alarm for two days. I usually wake up a 5AM to get to the gym before class, but for the last two days I just let my body sleep for as long as it needed and hit the gym in the afternoon.

I ended up sleeping for over 10 hours both nights! Which is just unheard of for me. I've read about how getting enough sleep can aid with weight loss, but I'm wondering about things the other way around- does weight loss make your body require more sleep? I've been getting ~7 hours a night thinking that was plenty, but maybe it's not?

TLDR: Without an alarm, I'm sleeping 10+ hours a night now. Should I allot for more sleep in my schedule when I'm losing weight?

submitted by /u/aglazeddonut
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VKLBcu

No comments:

Post a Comment