Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Eating back a LOT of walking

Hi again, you fine people! As I wrote recently I have had a lot of success with weight loss, to the point that I have to draw a line at 61kg (I weighed in at 63.5kg this morning) and eat maintenance soon.

My question is about eating back calories burned from walking. I know some people never eat back their calories from exercise, let alone walking, and for most people the amount of walking they do in a day is negligible. But I live and work in a city with no car and AVERAGE over 16,000 steps a day, many of those carrying my preschool son. Some days are much more (20-25K) because on Sundays and rainy days we laze around/use public transit and I don’t get more than 5-10K.

My TDEE for a sedentary life at my goal weight is 1630. This would be plenty on a slow day but is drastically insufficient on a busy day. I use a Fitbit but know it overestimates calories burned. What’s a good way to ensure I calculate enough to eat for steps past 10K?

EDIT: to be clear my question is how to count how many more calories to eat on days when I walk more.

submitted by /u/Cuglas
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XSUmTo

No comments:

Post a Comment