Friday, March 1, 2019

How do plateaus work?

I’ve seen a lot of people talking about plateauing across the various weight loss/diet related subs I sub to. I’ve also seen a lot of people saying that weight loss is about pretty simple math, calories in < calories out, and if you’re at a deficit, you will lose weight.

If the latter is the case, how does the former happen? I’m assuming when people talk about plateaus they don’t mean a few days here and there where water weight is making the number on the scale higher, because that goes away pretty quickly from what I understand/have experienced.

I mean like, how is a plateau that lasts weeks or months possible if you’ve got the math right? Is it an issue of not adjusting your calories/deficit to accommodate your TDEE enough, or??? I’m asking purely for knowledge’s sake, not to say people who have plateaus are doing something wrong or anything like that.

submitted by /u/ThickToThicc
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BXlXJQ

No comments:

Post a Comment