Saturday, March 2, 2019

NSFW: Weight loss from January to March. Managing my portion sizes was always my biggest hurdle, and I’ve finally gotten it under control

NSFW: https://imgur.com/a/szo2SLj

I had shoulder surgery in mid January. I took 2 weeks off of cooking and going to the gym.

When I go to the gym, I do about 45 minutes, or one pod casts worth of cardio. Some weight machines here and there.

I’ve always eaten healthy. I worked in a kitchen during college, so I’m a great cook. I have done some research into healthy carbs vs bad ones. Fruits vs vegetables, sugars etc. Pop, booze and candy has never been for me. My sweet tooth was never out of control. I don’t eat frozen quick meals, or 100 calorie packs.. my issues were portions.

The doctors prescribed me medicine to suppress my appetite. (After a year of drinking lots of water, doing fad diets, yoga, the gym, oregano pills, and all of the over the counter things a girl could take supplement wise).

I would make a brown rice, boiled chicken, broccoli casserole with nonfat Greek yogurt. I would grab a small bowls worth. Then get seconds. Then I would make myself toast with peanut butter. Then I would grab trail mix.

My portions were my largest downfall. Down from 200- 175 in 2 1/2 months once I was able to wrangle my portions in. I don’t weigh my items anymore, as I once did. I just meal prep as I always have, but I don’t become starving in the middle of the day and go to the break room and pick at fruit and crackers.

submitted by /u/doctorclownshoes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TmfHp7

No comments:

Post a Comment